1/3 Photos of Fried Twinkies
a great novelty treat. This receipe is awsome, great for a party, kids love it. Adults enjoy it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 Hostess Twinkies
- 6 wooden popsicle sticks
- vegetable oil, enough to cover twinkies
- 1Freeze the twinkies for at least 2 hours.
- 2can freeze overnight.
- 3Heat your oil in fryer to 375 degrees.
- 4Mix your batter as such: milk, vinegar,oil.
- 5In another bowl blend flour, baking powder and salt.
- 6whisk wet ingredients into dry, mix until smooth.
- 7refrigerate until oil reaches temperature.
- 8insert sticks into twinkies, leaving enough of a end to hold.
- 9dust with flour and dip into batter be sure batter covers the entire twinkie place twinkie in hot oil with utensil being sure the twinkie browns evenly (the twinkie will float) about 3- 4 minutes.
- 10Remove to paper towel- cool 5 minutes.
- 11Serve with a Berry Sauce Raspberries or mixed Berry preserves heated until warm.
- 12Use for dipping.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Twinkies
Serving Size: 1 (71 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 123.1
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 5.6 mg
- Sodium 274.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 3.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: