Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
My grandmother made these when I was a kid...and I searched the web for a recipe...with no luck...so I gave it a try tonite and the result was very good...i know that what I did wasn't the way that granny did it...but hey...the end result was still good..
- Peel turnips and slice.
- Add butter to skillet, along with a few drops of oil to keep the butter from burning.
- Melt butter, then add the sugar, stirring almost continously.
- Add the turnips, and additional oil, and bring the turnips to a hard fry, then reduce heat, and cover.
- Cook, stirring often, until the turnips are browned and done -- then enjoy.
- I had them tonite with steak and crab legs -- but am looking forward to pinto beans, corn bread and country fried steak.
- Yum -- .