1/6 Photos of Fried Turkey Rub With Cajun Injection
1 hr 10 mins
This recipe came from a Southern gal who obviously knows her food. She wrote on the recipe "the basis for a good fried turkey is the rub." I must say I agree with her on this one, this is the only way we cook our turkey now. The rub and injection are a great combination--I guarantee a moist, flavorful bird. Cooking times are estimated based on the size of your bird.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1/4 cup paprika
- 1/4 cup ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cayenne powder
CAJUN INJECTION RECIPE (use 1/4 to 1/2 cup rub from above)
- 1Mix all rub ingredients together and apply ample quantities to the outside of the turkey. Let meat marinade for 8-24 hours.
- 2Combine injection recipe ingredients including 1/4 to 1/2 cup of the rub; boil and reduce to 1 cup. Cool and strain mixture then inject into all areas of the turkey.
- 3Fry turkey according to weight of bird and fryer instructions. DO NOT attempt this indoors or too close to a builidng.
Browse Our Top Whole Turkey Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Turkey Rub With Cajun Injection
Serving Size: 1 (52 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 81.1
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1838.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 2.2 g