Recipe by Polly W
This is an easy but elegant appetizer that I had gotten off a web site years ago called Lacee's Recipe Exchange.
- 16 ounces canned artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) bagfresh Baby Spinach
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Tabasco sauce
- salt and pepper
- 16 ounces fresh cheese tortellini
- vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- To make dip: in food processor, chop artichoke hearts and set aside.
- Blanch spinach in boiling water and drain well.
- add to food processor with remaining ingredients and process just until blended.
- place in bowl and cover with plastic wrap ( can be refrigerated for up to 24 hours ).
- In 10 inch cast iron skillet, place 2-3 inches oil in pan.
- heat to 365 degree.
- Fry tortellini a few at a time and drain on paper towel.
- continue process untill all are fried.
- sprinkle lightly with salt.
- Serve immediately on large platter with chilled dip.
- Enjoy !