Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A local favorite.
Make and share this Fried Tomatoes with Garlic recipe from Food.com.
- Thoroughly mix the garlic with the pepper, salt, and hot pepper; then stir in the parsley and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the tomato slices and cook for about a minute on one side; then turn and sprinkle slices with the garlic, hot pepper, and parsley mixture.
- Continue to cook for another minute, shaking the pan occasionally; then turn the slices again and cook until they are done, but not mushy.
- Slide the tomato slices onto a plate, and serve immediately.
- Note: Do not try to cook more than two servings at a time or the tomatoes will end up overcooked.
- This type of tomato appetizer is great scooped up onto pita.
This simple side dish is absolutely luscious, with the bonus that it's easy to prepare. Perfect, in particular, for garlic lovers! Take the recipe's advice about using firm tomatoes to heart; the slices will fall apart if the tomatoes are soft.
Easy and delicious. I didn't have any hot peppers, so I used cayenne instead, which gave the tomatoes a real nice bite. This is a great tasting side dish, which I'll be making often. Thanks Mirj
I REALLY loved these! They were super easy and had great flavor! I think there was a bit too much oil so next time I will cut it down but really I have no complaints. THis was awesome! Thanks a million Mirj...