1/1 Photo of Fried Tomatoes with Garlic
A local favorite.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Thoroughly mix the garlic with the pepper, salt, and hot pepper; then stir in the parsley and set aside.
- 2Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- 3Add the tomato slices and cook for about a minute on one side; then turn and sprinkle slices with the garlic, hot pepper, and parsley mixture.
- 4Continue to cook for another minute, shaking the pan occasionally; then turn the slices again and cook until they are done, but not mushy.
- 5Slide the tomato slices onto a plate, and serve immediately.
- 6Note: Do not try to cook more than two servings at a time or the tomatoes will end up overcooked.
- 7This type of tomato appetizer is great scooped up onto pita.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Tomatoes with Garlic
Serving Size: 1 (107 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 83.4
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 6.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 1.1 g