- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 small hot pepper, very finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 large firm tomatoes, thickly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Thoroughly mix the garlic with the pepper, salt, and hot pepper; then stir in the parsley and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the tomato slices and cook for about a minute on one side; then turn and sprinkle slices with the garlic, hot pepper, and parsley mixture.
- Continue to cook for another minute, shaking the pan occasionally; then turn the slices again and cook until they are done, but not mushy.
- Slide the tomato slices onto a plate, and serve immediately.
- Note: Do not try to cook more than two servings at a time or the tomatoes will end up overcooked.
- This type of tomato appetizer is great scooped up onto pita.