- 4 large tomatoes
- 1 egg
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice tomatoes 1/4" thick.
- Beat egg until light and fluffy,set aside.
- Combine cornmeal,salt and pepper,spread mixture on sheet of foil.
- Dip tomatoes into egg,coat with cornmeal mixture.
- Heat oil in fry pan.
- Fry slices on both sides until golden brown.
- Remove from pan drain on paper towel.
- Serve immediately.
- Note- You may use green or firm ripe tomatoes.