Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Found this in Country Living October 2013. Putting here for safe keeping.
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon lime juice, fresh
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 8 large tomatillos, husked and rinsed
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1. In a medium bowl, combines sour cream, mayonnaise, hot sauce, 1/4 tsp cumin, lime juice and coriander. Refrigerate dip until ready to serve.
- 2. Cut tomatillos into 1/4 inch thick slices and set aside. In a shallow small bowl, beat eggs. In a shallow medium bowl, combine breadcrumbs, flour, salt and remaining cumin.
- 3. In a skillet over medium high heat, heat canola oil. Working in batches, dip tomatillo slices in egg, then in breading; shake off excess. Repeat. Fry the slices until deep golden brown, 2 to 4 mins per side. Drain on a paper-towel-lined plate. Serve immediately with reserved creamy cumin dip.