Recipe by Mel Bedggood
A delicious tofu snack! Tips: * drain water from tofu after taking out of pack
Top Review by Hadice
This tasted great. The only change I made was not using flour, just frying the tofu as is. When DH had his first bite he said, 'wow this is tangy!' So the dressing really lives up to it's name. The sauce was a bit thin, so I might try heating it up to reduce a little. I used the sugar and honey to cut back on the heat. Yum! Reviewed for PAC Fall 2006
- 250 g firm silken tofu
- 1 cup flour, for coating
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, for shallow frying
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground chili paste (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons water, to mix sauce with
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut tofu into six slices after taking out of pack and draining excess water.
- Heat oil in saucepan.
- Cover tofu with flour, make sure all sides are covered.
- Fry until golden brown.
- Mix garlic, chilli, vinegar, sugar and salt together in small bowl.
- Add water to sauce and stir thoroughly.
- Drain tofu and serve with sauce.