This recipe uses the fried tofu cubes you can find in Asian markets. It requires very little work and can be prepared in minutes. I generally serve the tofu at room temperature rather than warm because the sauce, unlike most commercially prepared sweet and sour sauces, is much more sour than sweet! If you can't find fried tofu cubes, feel free to fry your own using a recipe like #101891.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small saucepan, heat water over medium high heat. Once water begins to boil, add the tofu. This will rinse the frying oil off and bring the tofu to room temperature. Boil for 3-5 minutes.
- 2Remove tofu from the water and drain the saucepan. Place tofu on a towel to dry.
- 3Return the saucepan to the stove and add the vinegar, sugar, and salt to it. Simmer until it reaches a slightly syrupy consistency, stirring often.
- 4Remove from heat and add remaining ingrediants. Serve in a small dipping bowl alongside tofu.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Tofu With Sweet and Sour Dipping Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (73 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 444.2
- Calories from Fat 236
- Total Fat 26.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 310.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 28.4 g
- Protein 21.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
seasoned rice vinegar