Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
HIGH protein amazing. I put four tablespoons oil for the sake of the nutrition facts, but you should add as much as you want to make your tofu crispy,
- 1 (14 ounce) package extra firm tofu, drained and pressed
- 4 tablespoons gluten-free tamari
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves (or more)
- 2 bunches swiss chard, thoroughly cleaned and chopped
- salt, to taste
- to make marinade, mix tamari, garlic powder, and cayenne in a plate.
- slice tofu into medallions, and place in marinade. let sit, turning occasionally, for a minimum of twenty minutes, and as long as you like,.
- heat oil in pan over med-high heat.
- carefully place marinated tofu in pan, and fry until golden, crispy edges form.
- remove tofu. pour off excess oil if you feel there's too much left in the pan.
- remove to plate to rest, and drizzle with remaining marinade for extra spice, if desired.
- add garlic to pan and fry until it just begins to turn golden.
- quickly add chard and salt. it might be a good idea to chop the stems a little smaller than the leaves, so the cooking time is similar.
- cook until stems are tender, about 5-10 minutes
- place tofu on plate and top with greens.
First I used Seasoned Mustard Greens. Next I added a bit of water and some Rice Wine to the Braggs to make the marinade because the frozen [pressed and drained very well] tofu drank the marinade as if it was nothing so I had to make a second batch. I wouldn't have tried that with the Tamari only with the Braggs because of salt. I used a LOT less than 4 Tbsp oil and the tofu was still crispy since it was very well pressed and drained. Great dish. The Tofu taste accented the Greens nicely.