This is your basic fried potatoes and onions. Just the way my grandma use to make when I was growing up.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel potatoes and slice potatoes lengthwise almost all the way to the bottom of the potato, then turn potato and slice all the way through the potato.
- 2You will get french fried potatoe slices.
- 3(Or slice how you like them) As you slice your potatoes put them in a bowl of cold water to cover.
- 4Peel onion and cut in half then in slices.
- 5Heat shortening in skillet over medium high heat until hot.
- 6Drain potatoes and pat dry with a paper towel.
- 7Put potatoes in a skillet and add onions and salt and pepper for seasoning.
- 8Fry potatoes and onions in shortening for Aprox.
- 910 minutes covered without turning, until they are browned.
- 10Uncover and turn potatoes and fry another 10 or 15 minutes until nicely browned.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Taters & Onions
Serving Size: 1 (322 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 399.4
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 23.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.8 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 7.9 g