Recipe by sheriboren
This is your basic fried potatoes and onions. Just the way my grandma use to make when I was growing up.
- 3 -4 large potatoes
- 1 large onion
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons shortening or 2 1⁄2 tablespoons bacon grease
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel potatoes and slice potatoes lengthwise almost all the way to the bottom of the potato, then turn potato and slice all the way through the potato.
- You will get french fried potatoe slices.
- (Or slice how you like them) As you slice your potatoes put them in a bowl of cold water to cover.
- Peel onion and cut in half then in slices.
- Heat shortening in skillet over medium high heat until hot.
- Drain potatoes and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Put potatoes in a skillet and add onions and salt and pepper for seasoning.
- Fry potatoes and onions in shortening for Aprox.
- 10 minutes covered without turning, until they are browned.
- Uncover and turn potatoes and fry another 10 or 15 minutes until nicely browned.