Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 min
I love these! Fun to eat, easy to make!
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup fine dry Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 lb swiss cheese, cut into 1 inch cubes
- shortening (for frying) or vegetable oil (for frying)
- In a small bowl, beat the egg with 1-tablespoon of the bread crumbs.
- Dip the cheese cubes into the egg mixture and then roll in the bread crumbs to coat well.
- In a large skillet, melt just enough oil to make a 3-inch depth.
- Heat to 380-degrees.
- Fry the cheese cubes, a few at a time, for 1 minute or until crisp and golden.
- Lift out with a slotted spoon and drain on a paper towel.
- Keep warm until ready to serve.
- Serve with toothpicks.
- Makes: about 1 dozen.
- (*Can substitute cheddar, mozzarella, co-jack, pepper jack or one of your own favorites).
- Serve plain or with dipping sauces such as spaghetti, pizza, marinara, ranch or bbq.
So yummy!!! Makes a great snack or appetizer. Thanks for posting this, I would have never thought of something so simple. These are great dipped in ranch dressing.
I can't believe this hasn't been reviewed yet. Made them tonight and we all loved them. I can't wait to try it with mozarella and cheddar next time. Thanks kelly for a great, easy recipe and for another hit and keeper.. :) faith58