1/1 Photo of Fried Sweet Potatoes
Most of my experiments aren't worth saving, but I actually want to remember what I did this time so am posting the recipe for the brown sugar caramelized sweet potatoes that I made. This recipe is perfect for cooking for 1-2, and only takes a few minutes. I used some very skinny home grown sweet potatoes I picked up at a Farmer's Market and recommend you use potatoes that will slice into small discs rather than huge ones.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice the sweet potatoes thinly, approximately 1/4-1/2 inch thick.
- 2Melt butter in a large hot frying pan over medium-high heat, then places slices in the pan in a single layer. Sprinkle with salt.
- 3Fry the potatoes until lightly browned on one side, then flip over each slice. You'll need to watch them carefully and move the slices in the hottest part of the pan to the edges so that they all get browned. Adjust the heat down to medium if needed to keep them from browning too quickly. Total browning time took me about 5-7 minutes.
- 4When both sides are lightly browned, sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon across the top. Wait 1-2 minutes and then toss the potatoes until the brown sugar is caramelized (approx 1 more minute).
- 5Remove from pan and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Sweet Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (153 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 215.1
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 271.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 18.8 g
- Protein 2.1 g