Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Sweet and buttery. This is my favorite way to cook sweet potatoes.
- Heat butter in frying pan.
- Chop the garlic and add to hot butter.
- Peel sweet potatoes and cut into coins about 1/4 inch thick.
- When garlic is beginning to brown add the sweet potatoes and fry for about 25 minutes until they begin to turn golden brown.
- Be sure to turn the potatoes a few times so they cook evenly and don't burn.
- You can subsitute vegetable oil for the butter, but the taste won't be nearly as good.
I like the thought, but it was just too much butter for me. The buttery taste overwhelmed the taste of the sweet potatoes. I could not eat more than a couple. Sorry.