Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A nice Southern Pick-up that will help with the squash overload!
Make and share this Fried Stuffed Squash Blossoms recipe from Food.com.
- 20 male squash blossoms (or use some female with immature fruit attached)
- 20 pieces jalapeno jack cheese (about 1/4 inch squared and 1/2 inch short of each blossom tip)
- oil (for frying-you will want it about 1 1/2 inches deep)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup cold water
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Rinse and drain blossoms-pat dry.
- "stuff"each flower with a piece of cheese and twist the ends to seal.
- Roll in flour.
- Dip in tempura batter Fry to a golden brown on all sides.
- Drain and eat hot.
- For Tempura: Mix all ingredients with a fork (I mix my dry ingredients first-then add water and eggs) Feel free to use cold beer in place of water-adds depth to the batter.