A nice Southern Pick-up that will help with the squash overload!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 20 male squash blossoms (or use some female with immature fruit attached)
- 20 pieces jalapeno jack cheese (about 1/4 inch squared and 1/2 inch short of each blossom tip)
- oil (for frying-you will want it about 1 1/2 inches deep)
- 1/4-1/2 cup flour
- 1Rinse and drain blossoms-pat dry.
- 2"stuff"each flower with a piece of cheese and twist the ends to seal.
- 3Roll in flour.
- 4Dip in tempura batter Fry to a golden brown on all sides.
- 5Drain and eat hot.
- 6For Tempura: Mix all ingredients with a fork (I mix my dry ingredients first-then add water and eggs) Feel free to use cold beer in place of water-adds depth to the batter.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Stuffed Squash Blossoms
Serving Size: 1 (257 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1349.0
- Calories from Fat 811
- Total Fat 90.1 g
- Saturated Fat 55.0 g
- Cholesterol 435.2 mg
- Sodium 2539.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 81.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
male squash blossoms