1/1 Photo of Fried Stuffed Olives
An appetizer from the Lindsay Olive Company. They suggest substituting 5-6 tablespoons of dried tomato tapenade or pesto for the anchovy paste if you like.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons anchovy paste
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon, zest of
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
- 2 dozen ripe pitted extra-large olives
- 3/4 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup plain breadcrumbs or 3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- olive oil, for frying
- 1Make a paste of the garlic, anchovy paste, lemon zest, thyme and basil.
- 2Stuff olives using a pastry bag.
- 3Roll stuffed olives in the flour, dip in eggs and then roll in crumbs.
- 4Fry in oil at 250 to 275 degrees until crisp and golden brown.
- 5Drain on a paper towels.
- 6Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Healthy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Stuffed Olives
Serving Size: 1 (113 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 264.5
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 115.9 mg
- Sodium 852.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 12.2 g