Prep 2 hrs
Cook 15 mins
Posted in response to a request. Hope you enjoy!
- 1 (10 ounce) canwhole pickled jalapeno peppers, drained,divided
- 2⁄3 cup pimento cheese
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 1⁄4 cup cornmeal, plus
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup buttermilk
- vegetable oil
- Cut stems from peppers.
- Remove seeds, using a small sharp knife (do not split peppers).
- Stuff each with pimiento cheese.
- Cover and chill at least two hours.
- Combine 1/4 cup flour, 2 tablespoons cornmeal, and next 3 ingredients; set batter aside.
- Combine remaining 1/2 cup flour and 1/4 cup cornmeal.
- Dip stuffed peppers in batter; dredge in flour mixture.
- Pour oil to depth of 2 to 3 inches in a Dutch oven; heat to 375º.
- Fry peppers, a few at a time, 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until golden.
- Drain on paper towels.
delicious ! made this for our sons party going off to college,he and his friends couldnt get enough,winded up in kitchen cooking more,but thats ok.DELICIOUS thank you for a beautiful recipe.