Prep 30 mins
Cook 24 mins
Here's a new oone to me: Fried Strawberries. The lady who shares the following unique recipe, says it is a delicious use of the fresh berries. The recipe is called "restaurant size" because it makes 24, but it's likely that hungry family members or party guests could devour that many in no time.
- 24 large strawberries
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- Wash and hull strawberries and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, make an egg wash by whisking together the eggs, milk and vanilla.
- Place flour and graham cracker crumbs in separate shallow bowls, Coat strawberries evenly in flour.
- Dip in egg wash, covering thoroughly.
- Coat strawberries in graham cracker crumbs, making sure entire surface is covered.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with wax paper.
- Do not let strawberries touch.
- Refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours.
- In a deep heavy pan or deep-fryer heat cooking oil to about 400 degrees.
- Fry a few strawberries at a time until golden brown, about 1 minute.
- When they come to the top, they are done.
- Roll in granulated sugar and serve warm with Chantilly Sauce or Chocolate sauce.
- Chantilly Sauce.
- Beat 3 to 4 ounces softened cream cheese, 2 to 3 tablespoons thawed shipped topping.
- and add enough confectioner's sugar to make a mixture with the consistency of a thin dip.
- Chocolate Sauce Melt milk Chocolate Chips.