Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A Netherhill Strawberry Farm Favorite Recipe! I had never heard of deep frying strawberries....but they are really good!
- 4 cups fresh strawberries
- 5 cups oil, for deep frying
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine (i.e. chardonnay, Semillon, chablis)
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Wash strawberries and remove stems; Pat dry with paper towels; Set aside.
- Whip Cream and Honey in a bowl until thick and put in fridge.
- In a large saucepan or deep fryer heat 2 inches oil to 375 degrees.
- Combine flour and 1 tablespoon sugar; Make a well in the center.
- Combine eggs, wine and the 2 tablespoons oil;
- Add to flour mixture and beat until smooth.
- Dip berries, a few at a time, into batter.
- Fry strawberries in hot oil for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove with slotted spoon; drain on paper towels.
- While still warm, roll in the remaining 1/2 cup sugar.
- Cool slightly before eating.
- Serve warm with Honey Cream.
If you have any sense at all you'll make this the next recipe that you try.
WOW! My mother is a HUGE strawberry fan, so I had to give this a try. This was one of those recipes that looks so odd that it just might work lol. I never thought of frying berries before in a batter... but man were they good! I served these along side Recipe #172925. I plan on making these again... well my family members are forcing me too! Made for ZWT 3!
WOO HOO is right! this was some wicked strawberry dessert! these hardly even made it to the table lol! we loved these hon! thanks for sharing!...Kitz:)