Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A Netherhill Strawberry Farm Favorite Recipe! I had never heard of deep frying strawberries....but they are really good!
- 4 cups fresh strawberries
- 5 cups oil, for deep frying
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine (i.e. chardonnay, Semillon, chablis)
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Wash strawberries and remove stems; Pat dry with paper towels; Set aside.
- Whip Cream and Honey in a bowl until thick and put in fridge.
- In a large saucepan or deep fryer heat 2 inches oil to 375 degrees.
- Combine flour and 1 tablespoon sugar; Make a well in the center.
- Combine eggs, wine and the 2 tablespoons oil;
- Add to flour mixture and beat until smooth.
- Dip berries, a few at a time, into batter.
- Fry strawberries in hot oil for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove with slotted spoon; drain on paper towels.
- While still warm, roll in the remaining 1/2 cup sugar.
- Cool slightly before eating.
- Serve warm with Honey Cream.
If you have any sense at all you'll make this the next recipe that you try.
WOW! My mother is a HUGE strawberry fan, so I had to give this a try. This was one of those recipes that looks so odd that it just might work lol. I never thought of frying berries before in a batter... but man were they good! I served these along side Fresh Fruit Macedonia. I plan on making these again... well my family members are forcing me too! Made for ZWT 3!