- 4 cups fresh strawberries
- 5 cups oil, for deep frying
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine (i.e. chardonnay, Semillon, chablis)
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash strawberries and remove stems; Pat dry with paper towels; Set aside.
- Whip Cream and Honey in a bowl until thick and put in fridge.
- In a large saucepan or deep fryer heat 2 inches oil to 375 degrees.
- Combine flour and 1 tablespoon sugar; Make a well in the center.
- Combine eggs, wine and the 2 tablespoons oil;
- Add to flour mixture and beat until smooth.
- Dip berries, a few at a time, into batter.
- Fry strawberries in hot oil for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove with slotted spoon; drain on paper towels.
- While still warm, roll in the remaining 1/2 cup sugar.
- Cool slightly before eating.
- Serve warm with Honey Cream.