Recipe by Danzy
This first time I heard of this I thought to myself you got to be kidding but this is a totally wonderful dessert and can be presented in a most elegant setting or a casual one. The recipe is one that comes from a resturant called Farradday's. I am lucky enough to know one of the chefs who worked there and was nice enough to share the recipe with me.
Top Review by LylR
WOW!! I had a ton of strawberries - ones from my own garden and more received from a CSI we belong to - and was tired of shortcake, smoothies and ice cream - this totally fits the bill - a new favorite for sure. Thanks for being daring and sharing!! YUM.
- 1 pint fresh strawberries
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- granulated sugar
- oil (for frying)
- whipped cream
- mint sprig (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and stem strawberries and pat dry with paper towels.
- Put flour in a shallow dish.
- Beat egg and milk together in a bowl.
- Mix cinnamon and graham cracker crumbs in a shallow dish.
- Dredge Strawberries in flour, then in egg/milk and then roll in graham cracker mixture.
- Have enough oil heated for deep frying.
- Deep fry strawberries for 1 to 2 minutes or until coating is crisped.
- Drain on paper towels and roll in sugar.
- Place strawberries (about 4 per serving depending on size of berries) on a plate with small dollops of whipped cream between and garnish with mint.