1/1 Photo of Fried Squash Blossoms
I came across this recipe and thought it sounded like and interesting way to use large squash blossoms if you are lucky enough to have some extras. Recipe source: Coyote Cafe
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb Fontina cheese, grated
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 tablespoons marjoram, minced
- 20 squash blossoms, stems and pistills removed
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cumin seed, ground
- 1 tablespoon coriander, ground
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (or other coarse salt)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 quart peanut oil (for frying, or other oil for frying)
- 1In a bowl of an electric mixer blend together cheese, sour cream and marjoram. Put mixture into a pastry bag and chill for a few minutes.
- 2Stuff the squash blossoms with the cheese mixture.
- 3Mix together eggs and water in a pie pan and set aside.
- 4In a seperate pie pan sift together flour, cornstarch, cumin, coriander, salt, chile powder and cinnamon.
- 5Dip each squash blossom int the egg wash and then in the flour mixture.
- 6Heat up oil to 340-degrees in fryer or large skillet suitable for deep frying.
- 7Deep fry squash blossoms until light brown (2 minutes), drain on paper towels.
- 8Arrange blossoms on a platter and serve with your favorite salsa.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Squash Blossoms
Serving Size: 1 (312 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2652.4
- Calories from Fat 2404
- Total Fat 267.1 g
- Saturated Fat 66.7 g
- Cholesterol 262.5 mg
- Sodium 1452.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 36.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: