Recipe by trantuyetmai76
This is an authentic food which is popular to most of Vietnamese people. You can make it as entree, appetizer or main dish (with white rice).
- 5 chicken drumsticks (wings)
- 1 cup cooking oil
- 2⁄3 cup fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili-garlic sauce (if you couldn't eat spicy, you better put in 1/2 tbsp only)
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper (less than this if you couldn't eat spicy)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (recommend to squeeze from fresh lemon)
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash drum sticks/ wings & let it dry for a while.
- Mix all ingredients of seasoning & apply to drum sticks/ wings & let sit for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat pan with cooking oil then fry until it brown or cooked inside. Reduce heat accordingly to avoid burning outside.
- Dressing: Mix fish fauce, lemon juice, sugar & pepper until sugar dissolved. (*).
- Right after drum sticks/ wing cooked, get another small pot or pan, heat the pan. Put butter into pan until it melted, add garlic and mix (*) above into it until it's boiling.
- Pour this dressing all over the fried drum sticks/ wings.
- Serve with white rice or any salad.