Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a great take on an Italian favorite.
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) jar roasted red peppers
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 (6 ounce) can sliced ripe olives
- 1 large sweet onion
- 1 lb angel hair pasta
- 1 quart spaghetti sauce
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground pepper
- In a large kettle, start at least 1 gallon of water to boil for the spaghetti.
- Cut the sausage into approximately 6 inch sections and cook in your largest fry pan with a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Julienne the onion and peppers, and set aside.
- Chop the cloves of garlic and set aside.
- Once the sausage is fully cooked, remove it from the pan and cut into 1/2 inch pieces on the diagonal.
- Add the remaining olive oil to the grease from the sausage and sauté the onions and garlic with a pinch of salt.
- Once the onions and garlic are done, add the peppers and olives, and cook until the peppers are almost tender.
- While the peppers are cooking, start cooking your spaghetti. You want to slightly under cook it since you will be frying it later. In other words it still should be a little tough, but not crunchy. Once done, drain and set aside.
- Add the spaghetti and half of the sauce, and continue to cook until the peppers are tender. You should stir this often so the sauce does not burn.
- Add the remaining sauce and cook until throughly heated.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with grated Parmesan cheese and enjoy.