Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Here's a great way to use up that extra cooked pasta. You can use sauced or plain, long or short pasta, as long as it is already cooked. Makes a great lunch dish, or a good side dish with your favorite meat for a quick summer dinner.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups cooked spaghetti (or other pasta)
- 2 eggs (large)
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese (fresh is best, but packaged will do) or 1⁄3 cup romano cheese, shredded (fresh is best, but packaged will do)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley (or mix the two) or 2 tablespoons chives, minced (or mix the two)
- fresh ground pepper (use a lot)
- Melt the butter in a heavy nonstick skillet.
- Have the pasta out at room temperature in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, beat together the eggs, milk, cheese, fresh parsley and/or chives, and a lot of freshly ground black pepper.
- Pour egg mixture over pasta and toss it well.
- When butter has heated past the point of foaming, add pasta and flatten into a big pancake.
- Cook over medium heat until the bottom forms a golden brown crust.
- Flip the"pancake" over and continue to cook until that side also forms a golden brown crust.
- Slide pancake out onto a hot plate; cut in wedges; serve hot.
- Pass additional grated cheese!