Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Italian Cooking & Living magazine
For the aioli
- 1 1⁄2 cups firmly packed basil leaves, processed in a food processor
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
For the crabs
- 4 soft shelled crabs
- seasoned flour (for dredging, flour with salt and pepper added)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- Prepare the aioli: Mix all of the ingredients together until homogenous.
- Set aside in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Prepare the crabs: Pat the crabs dry and dredge in the flour mixture.
- Heat 1/2 of the olive oil in a skillet over high heat.
- Add two of the crabs and cook for about 3 minutes per side, or until browned.
- Remove from the skillet and keep warm.
- Add the rest of the oil and cook the other 2 crabs.
- Serve at once on crusty bread that has been spread with the aioli.