Fried Soft Shell Crabs With Basil Aioli
- Prepare the aioli: Mix all of the ingredients together until homogenous.
- Set aside in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Prepare the crabs: Pat the crabs dry and dredge in the flour mixture.
- Heat 1/2 of the olive oil in a skillet over high heat.
- Add two of the crabs and cook for about 3 minutes per side, or until browned.
- Remove from the skillet and keep warm.
- Add the rest of the oil and cook the other 2 crabs.
- Serve at once on crusty bread that has been spread with the aioli.