Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 13 mins
Cook 35 mins
A nice alternative to french fries, these are delish creamy potatoes, with crispy skins and a tart lemon sauce. When cooking the potatoes, I add about 1 Tablespoon of vinegar to the water, this helps to keep them firm. Although Giada uses a non-stick skillet, I prefer a regular skillet to get a more crispy crust. Make sure you use the really small red potatoes or fingerlings. Also, the potatoes must be REALLY dry before you fry them. Do NOT overcook the garlic, as it will become bitter. Fresh herbs are a must in this dish. Hope you enjoy! From Food Network, Giada De Laurentiis, Cooking At Home.
- 2 lbs red potatoes or 2 lbs fingerling potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil, plus extra as needed
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leave
- 2 lemons, zest of
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- For the potatoes:
- Put the potatoes in an 8-quart stockpot with enough cold water to cover by at least 2 inches.
- Bring the water to a boil over medium heat and cook until the potatoes are tender, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes in a colander and allow to dry for 5 minutes.
- Using the palm of your hand, gently press the potatoes until lightly smashed.
- In a large, skillet, heat 1/4 cup of oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant and lightly brown, about 1 minute. Remove the garlic and discard or save for another dish.
- In batches, add the potatoes and cook, without stirring, until the bottoms turn golden brown, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Using a spatula, turn the potatoes over and cook, drizzling with oil, if needed, until golden brown on the other side for another 5 to 8 minutes.
- For the dressing:
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, lemon juice, parsley, thyme, and lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Spoon the dressing over the potatoes and toss gently until coated.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Transfer the potatoes to a serving bowl and serve.