Prep 45 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe originated from a former co-worker and I've made a few minor adjustments in the quantities. You can adjust the seasonings to your own taste. The cooking time for shrimp is minimal so please do not make the mistake of overcooking your shrimp. One of my favorite ways of eating the shrimp is to drop them in a salad of Romaine lettuce and Blue Cheese dressing.
- Wet Mix:.
- Mix eggs, Italian salad dressing, flour, creole seasoning and milk in large bowl.
- Whisk or beat with blender until well mixed and set aside.
- Dry Mix:.
- In large zipper type plastic bag combine flour, baking powder and creole seasoning.
- Dip peeled shrimp in egg mixture.
- Dredge in flour mixture.
- Repeat each step.
- Heat oil to 360 degrees.
- Drop battered and floured shrimp in hot oil and deep fry for 3 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels.
I made the recipe exactly as written. Batter is light but has far too much creole seasoning. It's best to turn the shrimp over when they are beginning to turn a golden color.