Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I had adopted this from the Great Adoption Feb 2005. The ingredient amounts are just nice.
- 1 lb fresh shrimp
- 4 water chestnuts, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 cup bamboo shoot, chopped fine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt (I prefer to use 2 tsp of light soya sauce)
- 1 dash black pepper (optional)
- 1 tablespoon white wine (sherry will do)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 egg white
- deep frying oil
- Prepare shrimp by cleaning thoroughly and removing shell, legs and devein.
- Mince the shrimp.
- Combine all of the ingredients except oil Use a teaspoon of the mixture and shape into balls.
- Heat oil in a deep pot or skillet and deep fry shrimp balls until Golden Brown.
- Remove from oil and place onto paper towells to drain excess oil.
- Serve Hot.
- Note: You can add 150g minced pork to the mixture if you like. Increase the cornstarch to 1 tbs and use one whole egg.
I love shrimps... in any style! :) These are very nice with an excellent crunch to it thanks to the water chestnuts. The balls had problems staying together though.