Top Review by Shelly Morton
My picky kids ate it so I had to give it 5 stars. The shrimp were crispy and flavorful. I added all the seasonings mentioned to the batter with the addition of a few shakes of Frank's Red Hot sauce. We all enjoyed it and I will make again. Used the leftover batter to fry some onion rings. Yum.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup ice water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- red pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- vegetable oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the flour, sugar, egg, ice water, 2 tbsp vegetable oil, salt,cayenne and sauce in a bowl.
- Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- Pat the shrimp dry with paper towels and dip in the batter.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a deep, heavy pot or electric fryer to 350.
- Fry the shrimp in small batches, in the hot oil until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.