Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are the best fried shrimp I have ever had. I don't remember where the recipe came from but I have remembered it for years. I don't have it written down anywhere. If you like them crispy, yet tender, this is the way to do them. I'm not sure of the weight of the evaporated milk, just took a guess, but it is the small one.
- 1 (4 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 lb medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- Mix eggs, milk, baking powder and vinegar together in medium bowl. Add shrimp and stir.
- Let sit for 1 hour or longer in fridge. Remove from bowl and season with peppers, salt and garlic powder. Dip each one in flour and fry in 380°F oil for no more than 10 minutes.