Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Another from RSVP, Portland, ME Junior League's cookbook. This was submitted by Stephanie Coney.
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh scallops
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 6 -8 tablespoons dry vermouth
- Into a paper bag put flour, salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Add scallops and shake until well coated.
- With slotted spoon, remove scallops from bag.
- Using a large frying pan, brown the scallops in melted butter. Add vermouth and simmer until tender.