Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is based on a recipe from Paula Boyer Rougny's, Happiness Is A Kitchen in Maine. She says you may optionally "Skip the flour step and sauté scallops in sizzling olive oil. Drain on paper towels, serve with tartar sauce."
- 1 lb scallops
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- lemon wedge
- Use whole small (bay) scallops or sliced large (sea) scallops.
- Rinse and pat scallops dry.
- Roll in flour mixed with the Old Bay seasoning. Shake off excess.
- Sauté in a butter-oil mix.
- Bay scallops will be done in two minutes, sea scallops (if left whole) take longer.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve with lemon wedges.
I had sea scallops so I halved them as suggested. So they cooked in no time. Instead of garnishing with parsley, I used cilantro as I find that has a slight lemony taste. Squeezed lemon juice over them and enjoyed! Thanks for sharing!
I had company and we all loved them! I did add some lemon right before eating, and they were awesome! Love the addition of the Old Bay Seasoning.
I love scallops and I love Old Bay, so this recipe was perfect for me. I used bay scallops and they were done in a flash.