Recipe by mersaydees
This is based on a recipe from Paula Boyer Rougny's, Happiness Is A Kitchen in Maine. She says you may optionally "Skip the flour step and sauté scallops in sizzling olive oil. Drain on paper towels, serve with tartar sauce."
- 1 lb scallops
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- lemon wedge
Directions See How It's Made
- Use whole small (bay) scallops or sliced large (sea) scallops.
- Rinse and pat scallops dry.
- Roll in flour mixed with the Old Bay seasoning. Shake off excess.
- Sauté in a butter-oil mix.
- Bay scallops will be done in two minutes, sea scallops (if left whole) take longer.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve with lemon wedges.