Recipe by emeraldsitty
I got the idea for these while watching one of my favorite shows. Wonton wrappers are stuffed with a mixture of sausage, mushrooms, ricotta and parmesan cheeses. These little puffs are then fried and served with a “homemade” dipping sauce. They work great as an appetizer or a kid friendly finger food meal!! * The amount yielded will depend on how large the wrappers are and amt. of stuffing placed in center*
- 7 ounces whole milk ricotta cheese
- 10 brown and serve sausages, cooked and diced
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 (16 ounce) package wonton wrappers
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons parsley
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces
- oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place ricotta, egg, garlic, oregano and parsley into medium bowl and mix well. Add in the sausage and mushrooms and stir until well blended.
- Place 1 tablespoon of filling in the center of a wonton wrapper. Brush the edge of the wrapper lightly with water. Fold the wrapper in half, enclosing the filling completely and forming a triangle. Press the edges to seal. Place raviolis on cookie sheet. Repeat with the remaining filling and wrappers. (Can be prepared up to 2 hours ahead; cover and refrigerate.) Once ready to cook you can place up to 4 at a time into a deep fryer, or cover a frying pan in a single layer. Cook until a light golden brown color appears and wrappers have small bubbles. Time will vary depending on cooking method- but is approximately 2-3 minutes.