Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 2 -4 tablespoons margarine
- 2 cups sauerkraut, drained
- salt and pepper
- 3 slices bacon, fried crumbled or 4 cut hot dogs
- Melt margarine in frying pan.
- Add drained sauerkraut.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Saute until browned.
- Add the bacon or weiners.
I love sauerkraut so much that I made this for breakfast! So good!
Polish soul food. Yum! Thank you.
Been making this every year since 2008 when I found this recipe! Still good as ever... I added photo today. I still add celery seed or salt to the kraut while cooking and this year added some onion powder! .... Made this for New Years Day! We loved it! I added alittle sprinkle of celery salt while in the frying pan. The bacon really made the dish! I bet it would be yummy to add some chopped onions and a few bannana peppers!
Thanks for sharing!