Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is from the FoodNetwork Paula Deen show.
- olive oil
- 6 whole fresh sardines
- salt and black pepper
- Heat the oil in a shallow pan.
- Season the sardines with salt and pepper.
- Then, dredge them in the flour, shaking off the excess and place them in the hot oil to fry.
- Turn the sardines over with tongs and fry on the other side.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve immediately with lemon wedges.
Tried these last night and they were delicious. Thanks for sharing.
Super quick, simple and tasty. No need to do more with very fresh fish. My husband loved them. Cooks really quickly, watch them carefully.