Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are simple but have a different (yummy!) flavor than any other salmon patties.
- 2 (14 3/4 ounce) cans red salmon
- 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 2 raw eggs
- 3 dashes black pepper
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash red pepper
- 3 ounces vegetable oil
- Dump the ingredients of the two cans of salmon onto a large plate then pick out all the bones (it is nasty, but necessary).
- In a large bowl add all ingredients except the oil and mix very well. Make sure it is fairly smooth (you want it less chunky than chicken salad, almost a paste).
- Using a large spoon or just your hands roll large lumps into firm balls. As for the size of the balls, that is completely up to you. I make mine a little larger than a golf ball.
- Flatten the balls till they are about the thickness of a pancake.
- Pour oil into a skillet over medium heat. Add the patties, making sure they are not touching in the skillet. DO NOT turn them too often, they will crumble. I cook them about 5 minutes then carefully flip them over and cook another 5 to 7 minute on the other side.
- My family likes to eat them plain with ketchup or hot sauce. Sometimes I serve them on sesame seed buns with a slice of tomato and a leaf of lettice.