Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
We eat this dish for dinner or breakfast! For breakfast try them with grits. For dinner try serving with sweet peas and rice.
- 2 (7 ounce) cans pink salmon
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 large eggs (slightly beaten)
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- salt and pepper
- Add salmon to a medium bowl (do not drain).
- Remove bones; add the flour, eggs, onion and salt and pepper.
- Beat with an electric mixer until well incorporated.
- In a large skillet, heat enough oil to cover the bottom of the pan.
- With a medium spoon, add salmon spreading them into round patties (you can make large or small).
- Let them cook on one side 10 minutes, then flip cook 10 minutes more.
this was okay, just seemed to be lacking in flavor. Used leftover salmon from roasted salmon the night before and it just tasted a bit blah. perhaps I have too high of an expectation for salmon patties, but I think it could be jazzed up with something else...teriyaki?
Salmon patty recipies are hard to find. I agree with Gilmore that this one is a little bland. I will start experimenting with added ingrediets starting with mayonase & some parsley in the mix. Rob
I have been married 6yrs and my husband has been longing for me to make salmon patties. I found this recipe and I finally made salmon patties for him. I'm telling you, he could hardly wait to ask the blessing. I thought he was going to just dive in without finishing the prayer. He could hardly contain himself. He said they were absolutely perfect. Thank You Thank You Thank You