Recipe by Lilith70
This is not a complicated or difficult recipe at all - it's mostly a specific list of sauteed ingredients - but it's a great way to get someone to eat their veggies! You can adjust the ingredients however you like as long as you put the longer-cooking veggies in first.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 head broccoli, destalked
- 4 large white mushrooms, sliced
- 2 roma tomatoes, sliced
- 1 lb fresh Baby Spinach
- grated cheese
- balsamic vinegar
- red wine vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Put butter and olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium to medium-low heat.
- Gently sauté the onions for one minute, then add the broccoli (wait for another 60 to 90 seconds), and then the mushrooms. Stir well as they cook together.
- Add the Roma tomatoes and let cook for another minute or two.
- Pile the spinach on top of the other cooking ingredients without stirring it in just yet, and cover for two to three minutes.
- Uncover and stir in the spinach just until the leaves are wilted but still bright green. (Nothing should lose its bright colors during the process. If it does, the heat is too high or you are cooking it too long.).
- Remove from heat and plate servings immediately. Garnish with grated cheese and sprinkle with a mix of Balsamic and red wine vinegar (or your preferred vinaigrette.).