Prep 24 mins
Cook 36 mins
A tasty pasta that can be used on anything, it's very good. I like to use it for spagetti:)
Make and share this Fried Sage & Mushroom Sauce for Pasta recipe from Food.com.
- Place 4 quarts of water in a large kettle, add a bit of canola oil.
- Heat the water to boiling for pasta while you prepare the sauce.Melt 1/8 cup of the butter. Add sage leaves and fry until they are crisp.
- Remove and place on clean paper towel.Melt the rest of the butter.
- Add sliced mushrooms.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- When mushrooms are slightly toasty around the edges add the sliced garlic.
- Stir mixture and cook just until garlic is fragrant.
- Remove and put in a bowl.Throw your pasta into the kettle of boiling water.Mix enough water with the flour to form a smooth paste. Set aside.Add about 1/2 cup water to hot pan and use a wooden spatula or spoon to scrape mushroom bits from bottom of the pan.
- Heat the water to boiling. Gradually add flour paste and stir until you have a smooth sauce.
- Add the mushroom mixture to reheat.Reduce heat to simmer.Drain pasta. Place pasta on plates.
- Spoon up the mushroom sauce. Scatter fried sage on top.