I partially winged it and partially borrowed from other recipes I've tried before. This rice was cooked in a Zojirushi Fuzzy Logic Rice cooker (5 cups), which is like the Porsche of rice cookers. Most of the vegetables where chopped with the slop chop. The ginger and the garlic where pressed in a hand-grater.
- Rinse the rice in cold water. Change the water as needed until the water is hardly white. When you are done, add the rice to the bottom of the inside of the rice cooker.
- Mix the sausage, chicken, carrot, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, chicken-broth, peanut oil, the white part of the spring onions. Save the green part of the spring onions, the cilantro, and the eggs for later.
- Add the rice to the rice cooker. Pour in the mix from step 2. DO NOT MIX THE TWO. The rice will cook on the bottom, the mix will cook on the top.
- Cook the rice following the rice cooker's instructions. I set mine to white rice using the harder cook setting (it leaves the rice a bit crunchier). It takes about 40 minutes with my rice cooker.
- When the rice is done cooking, add the rest of the spring onions, the cilantro, and the cooked eggs. Stir the rice to mix the ingredients and close the lid. Leave it in the "warm" setting for 10 minutes.