Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Rick Rodgers Celebrations 101.
Make and share this Fried Rice With Zucchini, Corn, and Beans recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups long-grain rice (converted)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 8 scallions, chopped (white and green parts)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed through a press
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels (or thawed frozen corn kernels)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1⁄2 cups low sodium chicken broth, divided
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Make the rice at least 4 hours and up to 1 day before serving; bring the rice, 4 cups water, and ½ teaspoon salt to a boil in a saucepan over high heat.
- Decrease the heat to low and cover tightly; simmer about 18 minutes or until the liquid has evaporated and the rice is tender.
- Remove pan from heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Fluff the rie with a fork and transfer to a large bowl; cool to room temperature.
- Cover and refrigerate until the rice is well chilled, at least 4 hours.
- Heat 2 T. oil in a large skillet over med-high heat.
- Add in the zucchini; stir/saute 5 minutes or until the zucchini is crisp-tender.
- Add in the scallions and garlic; stir 1 minute or until the scallions are wilted.
- Add in the corn, beans, and ½ cup of broth; cook about 3 minutes or until the corn and beans are heated through.
- Transfer to a platter, loosely cover and keep at room temperature.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a large Dutch oven over med-high heat.
- Add the rice and remaining 1 cup of broth; cook, stirring often to break up the clumps of rice for about 3 minutes or until it is hot.
- Add in the vegetables and the remaining broth; stir until everything is heated through (2 minutes.).
- Season with salt and pepper; transfer to a serving bowl; garnish with scallions and serve.