Recipe by Primordial
A simple, earthy version of fried rice. Good with either white or brown rice. If you have it, adding a little sesame oil to the stir-fry oil is a nice touch, but it's not necessary.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 cup shiitake mushroom, diced
- 1 cup bean sprouts, chopped
- 2 cups rice, cooked
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or 2 tablespoons tamari
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a wok or large cast iron skillet.
- Add the onion and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes, till softened.
- Add garlic, celery and mushrooms and stir-fry for 3-4 more minutes. Add the sprouts, rice and soy sauce, and stir-fry until rice is heated through.