Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
cooking light recipe
- 2 tablespoons oil, divided
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 6 cups vertically sliced onions (about 2 large onions)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup lean julienne-cut smoked ham
- 7 cups cooked brown basmati rice or 7 cups basmati rice
- 1 cup frozen green pea, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup whole baby corn
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- fresh cilantro stem (optional)
- Heat 1 Tbsp of oil in a stir fry pan or wok over medium heat.
- add egg, stir fry 30 seconds or until egg is done.
- remove egg mixture from skillet.
- add 1 Tbsp oil to pan, add onion, stir fry 3 minutes.
- add garlic, stir fry 1 minute.
- increase heat to medium high, add ham and stir fry 3 minutes.
- add rice, peas, and corn stir fry 3 minutes.
- add egg mixture, soy sauce, sesame oil, salt, and pepper, stir fry 1 minute or until thoroughly heated.
- garnish with cilantro.
- serving size: 1 1/2 cups.
I made 1/2 the recipe and glad I did because I would have eaten it all! I used leftover rice and my grilled chipolte corn. The cilantro is a must! And 1 egg went into this 1/2ed recipe. Very good and easy! Addictive!