Recipe by Kiwi Kathy
From the Healthy Food Guide. Quick and easy.
Top Review by Baby Kato
Delicious, simply Delicious Kiwi Kathy. My dh & I both enjoyed this very much. The flavors are outstanding. Not your standard fried rice, so yummy. It was very very satisfying. Bold flavors with soft tender eggs and shrimp. We really enjoyed the Asian flavorings in the rice. The lime just puts it over the top. Made exactly as written but used a red sweet pepper instead of yellow. Thank you for sharing another recipe that I will make again often.
- 1 teaspoon peanut oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 16 prawns, cutlets
- 2 cups rice, jasmine, cooked
- 1 yellow capsicum, deseeded and diced
- 4 mushrooms, small and chopped
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce, light
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- lime juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat wok or large frying pan until very hot. Add peanut oil then beaten eggs and stir fry until set. Cut the egg up as you go with a spatula. Add the prawns and stir fry for one minute. Tip the cooked egg and prawn mix out onto a plate and put aside.
- Place the wok back on the heat. Add more peanut oil. Tip in the cooked rice, capsicum and mushrooms and stir. As you stir keep breaking up the rice. Stir fry for about 3 minutes.
- Now add the cooked egg and prawn mixture and stir well.
- Add the spring onions, soy sauce, fish sauce and sugar and stir well. Taste for seasoning.
- Serve hot with a squeeze of lime juice.