Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
this tastes great...it is super healthy...and it is so simple
- 1 cup organic brown rice
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 2 -3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil (or evoo)
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and finely diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 pieces Canadian bacon, diced small
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 3 cups organics brand green beans, sliced diagonally
- 2 eggs, whisked
- put rice and cold water in pot. Bring to boil. Cover and reducecheat to lowest setting and cook 40-45 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
- In large frypan or 3-4 quart casserole pot, place toasted sesame oil or LAKONIA brand extra virgin olive oil (the best -- and not expensive). Add minced garlic and turn heat onto medium. Add diced onion and cook 3 minutes.
- Add diced canadian bacon and cook 5-10 minutes. Add cooked shredded chicken and sliced frozen green beans and cook on low, stirring occasionally.
- In a small frypan, scramble eggs until cooked through. Cut up into small crumbles and add to rice mixture.
- Serve. Salt to taste.