Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is great for dinner parties, really impressive and so simple to make.
- 2 pineapple
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 1 chopped chile (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 cups sliced white mushrooms
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 ml sugar
- 1 ml salt
- 1⁄2 cup cashew nuts
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1 cup fresh coriander leaves, shredded
- Halve the pineapples, and cut out the flesh to leave four shells (don't remove the tail, it looks pretty on the plate).
- Cut the pineapple flesh that you have removed into bite-sized chunks.
- You need about two cups for this recipe.
- Use the rest for something else.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and cook the chile, celery, garlic and onion over high heat for two minutes, then stir in the coriander and cumin and mushrooms.
- Add the pineapple pieces and the cooked rice, stir and toss well.
- Add the soy, sugar, salt and cashew nuts.
- Heat through while tossing, don't stir, you don't want mush.
- Spoon the mixture into the pineapple shells and sprinkle with chopped coriander leaves and spring onions.