Recipe by Tarynne
This is great sidedish to have when you serving an asian entree. This recipe makes 2 3 serving packages which is perfect for my family. Proportion the recipe to best suit your needs.
Top Review by Mrs. DeVelopment
Great reccipe and instructions! I added broccoli to mine and would not do it again next time...the broccoli got funky for some reason. You can have a delicious dinner on the table very quickly. Thanks for posting!
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄4 small onion, Chopped
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, Chopped
- 1⁄3 cup bell pepper, Chopped
- 4 cups cooked rice, Cooled
- parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- --- Freezing Day ---.
- In a large bowl, combine the peas and carrots, rice, onion and parsley flakes.
- Mix well.
- Pour into 2 quart size freezer bags.
- Seal, lable and freeze.
- --- Serving Day ---.
- Thaw bag of rice mixture overnight in fridge or run warm water over bag.
- Heat 2 Tsp oil in a large skillet.
- Dump rice mixture into the skillet.
- Cook and stir over medium heat, breaking up any chunks of rice, until hot, about 5 minutes.
- Push rice mixture to the side of the skillet.
- Add 1 tsp oil to the empty side of the skillet and add the eggs.
- Cook and stir until eggs are thickened but still moist.
- Mix rice in with egg breaking up egg into bite size pieces.
- Turn off heat.
- Stir in soy sauce and pepper.